Friday, May 21, 2010

{5-21} MofM R is for Right or Left Handed

Right! 

Like 80% of the world's population (according to Wikipedia) I am right handed.  Although I eat with my left hand - I pretty much do everything else right.  

Some interesting things I learned on Wikipedia: (“Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world, can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.” – Michael Scott)

 - Right handed people are rarely found to be left footed. (I didn't even know you could be right or left footed)
 
 - In Hinduism, the right hand must be used for all auspicious and respectful activity, including eating, giving, receiving, and worshipful offering. (oh, like taking the sacrament!)

 - In Arab cultures, one prefers using the left hand for tasks such as wiping oneself after using the bathroom and the right hand for eating so they can keep their level of hygiene high. (gross! haven't they heard of soap and water?)

 -  Military rifles designed to be shot only from the right shoulder have resulted in injuries from spent cartridge casings hitting left-handed users in the eye and head. 


No comments: